Happy New Year's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have transitioned our way to yet another year.
I was inspired by Tao and Maddy Loves for this reflection idea.
This year in review has been hard for me to sum up. I've done a whole lot yet I feel like there wasn't enough time.
1. Eating Better... and I have! I also learned that I enjoy running and yoga a lot!
2. Not making impulse purchases... you won't believe how much money you can save by thinking things through. I used to just buy stuff to fill a void of some sort, but I've become better attuned at controlling my spending habits!
3. Write Write and Write! I've taken much of my free time to fine tune my favorite hobby in the world, which is writing fiction. I've written inconsistently over the years for one reason or another but now I realized how utterly ridiculous it was to even bear the thought of stopping.
1. Varying Friendship... it either gets deeper, stays consistent or disintegrate. I feel like I had a major loss this year and it kills me from time to time, but sometimes there is no good explanation.... It just is.
2. Don't be timid... I have to admit, one of my major flaws is that I try to never let anyone down, and sometimes it bites back hard because people take the gesture as a lack of confidence. They start stepping all over you and pretty soon you're in that zone where you're labelled as such. I have to learn to have a more commanding presence.
3. Don't let criticism bring you down... ever. There are trolls on the internet that write crappy things to people. One of the reasons I didn't continue much on my fiction was because I had several readers who criticized me personally for things I've written and that made me question my authenticity and ability to tell stories. But now I realize I wasted too much time not listening to my own voice. [cue cheesy music here]
Resolutions for 2012
1. Wake up and do yoga in the mornings! I'd say 3x a week or so to start. I'd love to start my days earlier and go to work feeling good.
2. Take more mini vacations... because you never really know things unless you've seen them. I've taken several staycations (local vacations) in 2011 and I always come back feeling motivated and refreshed. My mind balanced.
3. Sign up for a walkathon or marathon... something small, nothing extravagant but hopefully something that can lead up to eventual hardcoreness ;)
I've kept my resolutions simple and realistic this year. I'd like to grow as person, become wiser and more zenful :)
I'd also like to thank all my readers for following this blog for what the content's worth. I enjoy interacting with all of you guys via this blog, Twitter and Facebook. It's become an outlet for my zany little obsession with frivolous things and unattainable lusts. I plan on continuing next year with more quality posts, good reviews, fun tags and more!
Happy New Year to all!